This online portal is for member enrolled students of Te Reo Maioha.
An e-book, lessons, and other information in this portal will complement weekly live online teachings.
Recorded lessons for online classes are automatically added to the system within 3 to 4 hrs of completion. You must be logged in to the website to view recordings under the Zoom Recordings link.
The online support lessons will be drip-fed through each of the terms.
To aid your learning consider forming a study group of around 3-4 people in your class. Group study once a week either in person, conference call via Messenger, Teams, Skype, or Zoom.
For access issues or help using this portal, korero with people in your study group or weekly classes, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NGĀ TOHU A RINGA
TE MATATAU O TE REO MAORI
NGĀ TURE O TE ATAARANGI
The 5 rules of Te Ataarangi
KŌWAE AKO 1
Whiti 1 to Whit 5.7
- WHITI 1 – He, Te, Me, Ngā
- WHITI 1.1 – Pepeha
- WHITI 1.2 – He waka, He awa, He maunga
- WHITI 2 – Kotahi/tahi – Tekau/Ngahuru
- WHITI 3, 4 – Kotahi te – Tekau ngā
- WHITI 4.1 – Tangohia, Whakahokia, Waihotia, Puritia
- WHITI 5 (PANUI 2) – E hia/whia? Kia hia?
- WHITI 5.1 – Noa iho, Anake/Anahe
- WHITI 5.2 – Takitahi, Takirua, Takitoru
- WHITI 5.3 – Tokohia/whia?
- WHITI 5.4 – E whia? – E hia?
- WHITI 5.5 – Ngā Tātai
- WHITI 5.6 – Tua
- WHITI 5.7 – Pangarau
- KUPU HOU 1
KŌWAE AKO 2
Whiti 6 to Whiti 10.2
- WHITI 6 – Homai, Hoatu, Whoatu
- WHITI 7 – Tētahi, Tētehi, Ētahi, Ētēhi
- PĀNUI 3 – Ngā Tae
- WHITI 8 – Tēnei, Tēnā, Tērā, Nei, Nā, Rā
- WHITI 8 – Ēnei, Ēnā, Ērā, Nei, Nā, Rā
- WHITI 9 PĀNUI 4 – He Awa, Rongo, Haumia
- PĀNUI 4.1 – He Tauaro
- WHITI 10 – Konei, Konā, Korā
- WHITI 10.1 – Tupou Takirua, Takitini:
- WHITI 10.2 – Kei te aha?, E aha ana tātou?
KŌWAE AKO 3
Whiti 11 to Whiti 17
KŌWAE AKO 4
Whiti 18 to Whiti 20.2
HE TUKANGA MIHIMIHI
A Greetings Process
- 1. Te Tūwheratanga o te mihimihi: (The opening of the greeting)
- 2. E ai ki te Whakataukī: (Proverb)
- 3. Mihi ki a Io: (Greetings to our Creator)
- 4. Mihi ki te/ngā Kaikarakia, Kaiwhakarite: (Greetings to the Prayer organisers)
- 5. Mihi ki te/ngā Kaiwhakahaere, Kaiwhakaako, Pouako: (Greetings to the Organisers, Teachers, Principal)
- 6. Mihi ki te Whānau/Minenga: (Greetings to the Family group)
- 7. Mihi ki te Iwi Kāinga: (Greetings to the local people)
- 8. Mihi ki te Tangata/Mana Whenua: (Greetings to the local tribe or traditional owners of the land)
- 9. Tōku Pepeha: (My Tribal affiliations / landmarks)
- 10. He Kaupapa/Pitopito Kōrero: (Speak on a topic/event or hui)
- 11. Whakakapi te mihimihi ki te whakataukī, tohutohu rānei: (Close your greetings with a proverb or a statement of encouragement)
- 12. He Waiata: (An appropriate song to support your kōrero)
NGĀ WHAKAWHITI KŌRERO